We go in and out of our houses every day, rarely giving the exterior a second thought. It’s usually not until we’re planning some big event that we may notice that it has lost its lackluster presence long ago.
While we spend most of our time tidying up the inside for our guests, the outside takes the harshest beating. Our homes face an onslaught of attacks daily. They have to deal with the constant changing of the seasons, exposure to extreme heat, harsh winters, wind, rain, pollution, and just plain old dirt and grime.
Signs to Look For
All these things contribute to the wear and tear of your home’s exterior. So, when you finally do take notice, it’s worth looking for a few signs that let you know it’s time for a good pressure wash.
- Roof discoloration: Black streaks are caused by a buildup of algae, which can cause severe damage if allowed to build up over time.
- Dull-looking siding: New siding makes your home look fresh and vibrant, but it begins to look old and worn out when it gets dirty.
- Stains in the driveway: Your driveway will inevitably get a few stains and spots over the years. Automobile fluids are a frequent occurrence that can give your home an unkempt appearance.
- Spiders: Spiders love to find dark and secluded crevices to spin their webs. Unfortunately, when they make your home theirs, your house starts to look neglected.
- Cluttered gutters: When gutters get cluttered with debris from the wind and the rain, water can’t drain properly, causing a buildup that will eventually erode your roof and other parts of your home.
- Deck looks faded: A new deck can stand out and get attention; so can a dirty one. When a deck gets dirty, it can look old and faded.
We mustn’t ignore these basic pressure washing signs. When you first notice your home has lost its luster, you may think it’s time to get a new paint job, but before you go through all that expense, consider getting a pressure wash instead. It may be just what your home needs to get a new makeover.